Tuesday, February 21, 2012

New Reading Goal

As you may be aware, my list of "to-read" books for this year is ever growing and probably will continue to grow as the year goes on...

Therefore, I made the following decision today:

Instead of listing the books I am going to read this year, I will simply set a page/book goal instead, that way, it allows my creative brain to have the freedom of choice (which I very much enjoy--I hate restrictions, especially when I know there are other alternatives).

So, here is my newly revised goal for 2012:

Read 20,000 pages
OR
Read 25 books

As soon as I finish Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (which will be in this next week, I only have 200 pages to go), here are my current standings:

Total pages read: 3,142
Total books read: 6

**Also note, the above goal does not apply to academic reading for school.  So this goal is on top of whatever I need to read for school.

As quickly as I'm pouring through the Harry Potter books, I may slow down a bit as school continues to get more hectic.  However, I do plan to do a ton of reading this summer!  (Which is where I think I'll get the majority of my goal read).

This new goal will present a challenge for me (I originally intended to just shoot for 10,000 pages, but changed my mind).  I want to push myself, see if I can do it!  I have faith that I can!

The reason I mentioned "pages" as opposed to books is because some books can be the length of two.  Take Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix for example: It's 870 pages... that's the length of two to three "standard" books.  But I also enjoy the challenge of having to read so many books, therefore I also included the "or 25 books" option.

My original plan is once I accomplish one of them, I will try to push for the second.  If I can get both goals met... well, I'm not quite sure how I will award myself... perhaps a new bookcase? ^-^

Also, there will be a change coming to my Books 2 Read page pretty soon, partly due to this new goal.

1 comment: