Friday, May 4, 2012

Crazy Day

So, today has been one of those days... You know, the kind of days where everything seems to be going by in a blur, and you feel like things are falling down around you (especially at work).

BUT, the good news is I have made it through the day (in fact, it's now actually "tomorrow" seeing as it's midnight right now).

And tonight, I am reading in one of my "new" books (purchased several weeks ago, but haven't read yet) and I'm thoroughly enjoying the humor. The author has done a much better writing job with this book than her last (this book being Book 2 in a trilogy). Anyway, I read the following quote and burst out laughing. Just goes to show, even on crazy days like today, it can always, ALWAYS, be worse:

"I didn't know where my girlfriend was, my phone battery had died, I was living in a house with a possibly insane new werewolf who I sort of suspected was suicidal or homicidal, and I was miles away from all of it, counting the spines of books. Somewhere out there, my world was slowly spinning out of orbit, and here I was in a beautifully ordinary splash of sunlight, writing The Secret Life of Bees (3/PB) on a yellow legal pad labeled INVENTORY."

It goes without saying what type of day I had to experience in order to find this quote so incredibly amusing to write an entire blog post--and laugh hysterically--about it.

Oh yes, life can always be worse... =D

[Quote is by Sam from Maggie Stiefvater's "Linger" p.137]

No comments:

Post a Comment